The Rukus is the first portable Bluetooth sound system with a solar panel to wirelessly stream music from a compatible device. As you can see, it is made to be portable, and the speakers are pretty cool, it almost looks like a pair of binoculars. And it produces some pretty kickin’ noise.
What really sells the Rukus is its 40 square-inch solar panel that can harvest the sun’s energy, and it takes about six hours of direct sunlight for a full recharge. The Press release says that it “never runs out of power”, but that might be an exaggeration. It is very energy efficient, and can be charged via AC adapter. The Rukus also has an integrated USB port so it can charge other devices as well.
Although you can’t see it very well in the photo, the Rukus has an E Ink SURF segmented display, which can display information without draining the onboard battery. The display can also be read in direct sunlight and at a 180-degree viewing angle.
SolarLine installs the Solaredge single phase inverter solution on all of our microFIT projects. Along with one of the safest inverter and optimizer solutions in the market, comes the ability to monitor your systems performance from the comfort of your chair, car, cottage, office, or even France – anywhere that you can access the Internet.
We especially like the Solaredge iPhone App which enables our customers to monitor their PV systems from the palm of their hand. As a bonus, SolarLine can also use the App to monitor every one of our installations through one handy interface. Pretty cool eh?
Suitable for Almost Every Roof Tile Installation
The ezAnchor portfolio is suitable for almost every roof tile installation situation in order to handle a broad variety of roof tile types used in North America. All anchors are made out of stainless steel for the highest reliability and strength. Every anchor type has been tested in the Schüco owned accredited testing laboratory based on a tensile test and compression test to confirm the maximum load capacity.
- Solution for almost every type of roof tile to reduce manual adaption of tile
- Stainless steel high load anchors for the highest load and pressure durability and minimum deformation to avoid roof-tile cracking
- Flexible multi-hole base plate for flexible installation on rafter
- All anchors enable height adjustability of side-mounted ezRail due to elongated hole
- Solution for vertical and horizontal ezRail mounting
- For composite shingle, Stile, and mission tile roofs
The SolarEdge PV inverter combines a sophisticated, digital control technology and a one stage, efficient power conversion architecture to achieve superior solar power harvesting and best-in-class reliability.
Their fixed-voltage technology ensures the solar inverter is always working at its optimal input voltage, regardless of the number of modules in a string or environmental conditions.
The CDN & US single phase inverter comes with a built in DC switch while the European single phase inverter can be fitted with a seamlessly attachable cabling duct for managing the installation wirings. Both are light enough for a single person to install on a supplied bracket.
Single Phase Inverter Feature highlights:
- Solar inverters specifically designed to work with power optimizers
- Superior efficiency (>97%)
- Excellent reliability with standard 12 year warranty (extendable to 20 years)
- Small, lightweight and easy to install
- Built in module-level monitoring receiver
- Communication to internet via broadband or wireless ZigBee
- IP65 / NEMA 3R – Outdoor and indoor installation
Ever the corporate chameleon, GE is investing in renewable energy. The corporate giant announced this week its plans for a $600 million investment in the US solar industry. The company plans to build a factory (location to be announced in the next three months) which will produce thin-film solar panels. The factory will employ 400 people and will produce enough panels to power 80 000 homes every year.